Derick Rethans wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
>

>>BTW, if I fix the issue with 3), I have to change msession a line
>>so that it does not register it as session save handler. (handler
>>is registered by #ifdef)
>>

> Which is perfectly fine as it is IMO. What is the change here that you
> suggest exactly?

- Do not use php_session_register_module()
- Add #ifdef to ps_modules struct for external save
   handler modules

Just a few lines of changes, but it requries to compile save handler
modules with session module.

>>I have to move pgsql session save handler to php4 source tree,
>>since save handlers must be compiled with session module with
>>option 3).
>>

> You still failed to tell me why this is all needed. If it's only the
> runtime undefined symbol stuff, then I think it's nto worth the hassle to
> 'fix' it. It's not broken now. And I think it's not that big a problem at
> all.
>
> Derick

That's why I just get rid of error message for now.

Should I leave it as is?

For undefined symbol stuff, you can see with Apache SAPI with session
module, and CGI SAPI *without* session module. Make sure you load
msession or pgsql save handler module in php.ini. Then you will see
"undefined symbol" error in apache error log :)

Both of us know well that users will keep submitting bugs for these
error messages. I would if I don't know internals of PHP :)

--
Yasuo Ohgaki