On 2002-3-01 11:29, Andi Gutmans wrote:
> Zak,
>
> You will probably be better off waiting for the ZE2's new object
> overloading facilities. It will hopefully be easier to write and will
> allow you to do some things which you can't do today.
> If you write it for ZE1 your extension's API might look different than if
> you had written it for ZE2 due to some existing limitations, changing it
> later on for ZE2 would then cause a BC problem.

  Hi Andi,

  Thanks for the warning! I am partially doing this for practice/fun - as
  long as we keep the extension away from PEAR/PHP it can be updated to ZE2
  when the time comes without breaking BC. :)

--
Zak Greant

PHP Quality Assurance Team
http://qa.php.net/

"We must be the change we wish to see." - M. K. Ghandi