ID: 14921
Updated by: edink
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Unknown/Other Function
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.4
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

If you are talking about --with-sysvshm shared memory
there was a change of parameters for some functions
like shm_remove. It use to take shm_key as the argument,
while it take mem_id now.

The documentation is updated and should give you
enough info to fix the problems.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.sem.php

If this does not solve your problem,
please reopen the bug report with some more info.

Your shared memory implementation is buggy in 4.1.1. You can attach a
shmem segment, but you can not detach it.

This is a real bug.

If I try to detach an existing and valid shmem segment, I get this:

Warning: The parameter is not a valid shm_indentifier in ...

I am using shared memory in a production environment at it is very
important that someone gives me a feedback.

There were no problems with shmem on php4 but this time its buggy.