Updated by: lobbin
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: FreeBSD 4.2
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

No feedback. Closing.

Please test with 4.1.0 and latest CVS snapshot.
CVS snapshot source can be found
http://snaps.php.net/
(No windows binary)

If you don't have problem with latest CVS snapshot,
you can close your bug report by yourself.

Please report the result. When you update your bug
report, do not forget updating PHP version also.

Thank you
--
Yasuo

This is intended as more information for Bug id #11643.  I could not
make comments directly as I am not the creator of the bug and I don't
have Dev Edit privilegdes either.

In any case, the redefinition is apparently session_start().  If I do
more than one session_start(), separated by a session_destroy(), then I
get warning:

Warning: Constant sid already defined in
/usr/home/smoore/php-include/Session_class.php on line 80

I am sure it is session_start() because the following makes the warning
go away:

$save = error_reporting( E_ERROR ); // temporarily turn off warnings
session_start();
error_reporting( $save );

Obviously the fix is to undefine SID in session_destroy.  However, there
is no undefine in PHP is there?

It must be redefined because the original session has been destroyed and
the new one has a new session_id().

This doesn't bother my code because I don't use SID.

Hope this helps...