True, but you can do the same thing in C as well, but fprintf was also
implemented there :)

The odd thing is, if none of the other "f" functions, e.g. printf, sprintf, etc. were
implemented, I would understand why fprintf would also be excluded.
However, PHP does an excellent job of implementing equivalent C functions,
which is the reason I initially chose it as a development tool.  Its almost as
if fprintf was particularly single out for some reason... oh well, conspiracy
theories abound!

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:06:19 +0200, Andrey Hristov wrote:

> The answer will be : "Because it can be emulated in the userspace".
>
> <?php
> $fp=fopen('some.txt','w+');
> $some=10;
> fwrite($fp, sprintf("some decimal %d",$some));
> fclose($fp);
>
> ?>
>
> Regards,
> Andrey Hristov