ID: 12388
Updated by: mrobinso
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Documentation problem
PHP Version: 4.0.6
New Comment:

There are instructions in the postgres function summary
(http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.pgsql.php) detailing
the compile requirements.

I noticed that the PostgreSQL function summary does not explain that you
need to have configured PHP using --with-pgsql[=DIR]. However, both
MySQL and MSQL do. After discovering that I could not use any PostGreSQL
functions. I consulted the manual thinking it would tell me that I
needed to configure PHP but i didn't. I then looked at MySQL just as a
comparison and that did? Something similar to what it says on the MySQL
and mSQL pages would, perhaps, avoid confusion in the future.

PS. I added something to this effect to the user contributed notes,
however, a rather large URL has meant that it has mucked up the
formatting of the page, sorry.