ID: 14808
Updated by: yohgaki
Old Summary: "mm" module for session saving uses hardcoded path
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Duplicate
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.0CVS-2002-01-02
Assigned To: yohgaki
New Comment:

I applied  your patch for both 4.2.0-dev and 4.1.2-dev source. Thank
you.

Issue left is PHP still have problem when multiple instance of PHP is
trying to use the same file ;)

Thanks for reporting, but it's duplicate of other report.
Please search bug db :)

I'm working with external session save handler issue. I might fix
this.
Your ptach fix one of the mm issue, but it still causes a problem under
some configuration. I'll fix both, when I have time to do.

The session saving module in ext/session uses a hardcoded
path for its session file (/tmp/mm_session). This is bad
in environments where lots of php interpreters run in
different webservers and User IDs (and different php.ini)
files. the attached patch fixes this problem and uses
session.save_path for this file.