No is not working for me.
What version of libtool do you have?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrey Hristov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 ianuarie 2002 16:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Shared extension

I've no problems with 4.1.1
I configure my php with  this:
./configure --enable-tpl=yes

after make i the ext/tpl I've the tpl.so   . In the start of the tpl
development I used two other commands to compile the module
independently from the php module. Never used the apache's sapi only cgi
binary shell.
Also there are some changes in the way the extension is wriiten for 4.1.x
but I think you know that stuff already.

Mandrake 8.1 (native && vmware)

Regards,
Andrey Hristov

P.S.
1)For development purposes I wrote two .sh scripts. One to compile the
module and copy it to a directory with long name (LIKE
'%non-zts-debug%).
and second to execute a test with the newly compiled binary.
2)The two commands I stole from the book "Web Development with PHP". They
can be found here :
http://bg2.php.net/manual/bg/zend.creating.php