ID: 6982
Comment by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating System: Linux 2.2.16
PHP Version: 4.0.2
New Comment:

I tried php-4.1.0 on Linux and still have the bug. I don't agree it's
intended behavior. From the PHP online manual, it says:

php_admin_value name value
This sets the value of the specified variable. "Admin" configuration
settings can only be set from within the main Apache configuration
files, and not from .htaccess files.

So user cannot override this via .htaccess files.

Having the directive in php.ini makes it global and same to all the
directories, which is not suitable in our case, because we need to
disable functions on per directory basis.

I guess it's intended - they work only for php.ini,
otheriwse user could easyliy override this with .htaccess,
for example. So this is system-global setting for now.
Moving to RFEs.

I've tried php 4.0.4 but disable_functions only works from
php.ini, not from apache config.

Please try latest snapshot from http://snaps.php.net/
and report back whether this works with it or not.

--Jani

I'm trying to disable interbase functions for some
directories.

httpd.conf:
<Directory /some/path>
php_admin_value disable_functions 'ibase_pconnect'
</Directory>

But ibase_pconnect still works.