ID: 14556
Comment by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Apache2 related
Operating System: RedHat Linux 7.2
PHP Version: 4.1.0
New Comment:

The same problem - to link php4.1.1 to Apache 2.0.28 statically.

There are bad checks in "Apache 2.0.x" section of "configure" script.
Apache 2 distribution use another dirs as it used to be in Apache
1.3.x. I edited the "configure" script to correct the paths. Then it
was running nice. I still have a problem with a compilation,
"NOT_DEFINED" variable is missing in the part /sapi/apache, but I hope
it will go soon.

Miro

Same problem here but with PHP 4.1.1 and Apache snapshot
2.0_20011228171212.
-- Rod

When Trying to install PHP 4.1.0 as a DSO on Apache 2.0.28 Beta the
install completes without errors. I use this ./configure line with
PHP:

./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
--enable-track-vars

My httpd.conf contains the correct AddType and LoadModule lines and the
module does exist in the directory LoadModule points to. My php.ini
file is in /usr/local/lib

Apache starts fine but when when trying to view a PHP page the browser
simply tries to donwload the file instead of show it in the browser.

If I try to compile PHP statically instead of as a DSO I use this
./configure line:

./configure --with-apache=/root/downloads/httpd-2_0_28/
--enable-track-vars

And recieve this:
configure: error: Invalid Apache directory - unable to find httpd.h
under /root/downloads/httpd-2_0_28/

However httpd.h is there (in /root/downloads/httpd-2_0_28/includes/).
Even if I change the ./configure line to say "includes/" at the end it
still won't find the file.

Apache2 was compiled with so enabled.

If there is any other information I can provide please email me.