Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:

> Brad House wrote:
>
>> Hi, just joined the list, already got CVS write
>> access for maintaining the MCVE module.  Looking
>> back through some of the mailing lists, saw some
>> comments as to where it should be committed to.
>

> /pear/PECL/mcve?
>
> There is no download directory and user must checkout
> from CVS to use PECL modules though.
> I think Stig is working hard on this :)

Hmm, I'd definately it rather be in ext/ then ... I'd
like it in the source tarball for the next release...

>> So this is a formal question asking where everyone
>> wants it placed.  Since RedHat CCVS is discontinued,
>> I would like to have it in ext/  , but it is not
>> necessary.
>

> Then we should move CCVS to /pear/PECL/ccvs now?

Probably, not many people are using CCVS anymore since
the switchover to MCVE....

>> Also, I would appreciate it if someone could take
>> a look at it and tell me if I need to add more
>> documentation to it, or anything else of that
>> nature.  It has been fully tested on multiple
>> platforms with PHP4.0.6/4.1.0/4.1.1 and I will
>> test with current CVS version as well, but I
>> expect no differences...
>

> If you want to be used with older PHP users, then
> PECL is better. IMO.

MCVE isn't too old, the php module has only existed for
a couple of months.  The target is going to be
new PHP releases.  The 4.0.6 thing is more for just
those that are compiling it as a module instead of
into PHP.

>> It can be found at
>> http://www.mcve.com/freedist/php_mcve_ext_final.tar.gz
>> (~ 8kB)
>>

> Where is the document?

Heh, that's the problem,

only got the /* {{{ proto  */   /* }}} */
documentation done inside the code itself....
wasn't sure what format a document would need to be in...
another reason why I posted here ;)

Thanks for your quick reply!

Brad House
Sr. Developer