brad lafountain wrote:
> I looked at your changes to php_session.h.
> I saw that you added PHPAPI to the .h but don't you
> need to add them to session.c too?

Thanks, I forgot to commit session.c. I'll commit it later :)

> Additionally i think
> php_get_session_var and php_set_session_var should be exported also.

You are going to add external serializer, right?
Then these function does not have to be called from other module, since
it is called by session module. IIRC.

> i think we need PHPAPI int ps_globals_id too

Hmm. I'm not sure. I thought it is not needed, but I don't build PHP
under windows. I could be wrong.
Anyone?

> As for startup, we probally need a non-static version of php_session_start?
>
> What do you think?

This one need to discuss, since
this could be a problem. For example,

1) a module start session internally.
2) User set session module paramter, since user is not
    starting session automatically.
3) User try to start session with session_start(), but
    session is started already...

IMHO, you are better to document that your module requires to session
module and session is activated. If session is inactive, you can return
error. There may be better to have a function returns current session
status for other modules.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki