ID: 15075
Updated by: goba
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Bug Type: Website problem
Bug Type: URL related
Operating System: Linux 6.2
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

& is used as a separator for variables in URLs. Treating   as a
space was a misfeature of PHP 3 if this
worked with it. & is a delimiter.

And this is not a php.net website problem at all.
This is an "URL related" problem.

--
Goba

The & doesn't work - IE and Netscape both do not recognize it.  I
tried    and   &  and &ampnbsp;
Maybe there is something more that I need to do.

Since this is being used as part of a variable value in PHP there must
be something else.  It worked before the upgrade.

Any ideas are welcome

Use & instead of & in href's (see urlencode/urldecode).

Just updated PHP from 3.0 to 4.1 but now it won't recognize the
non-breaking space ( ) in passing a value to a variable.

We are using this for a form and it enters the information into the
form.  We need the   because our users use both Netscape and
Internet Explorer.

This worked before but doesn't work now.

<A HREF
="../on_line_training_registration.html?course=How&nbsp;to&nbsp;Become&nbsp;a&nbsp;MISO&nbsp;Customer.&date=Oct.&nbsp;22,&nbsp;2001">To
Register</A></TD>

course is one variable and date is another

Is there a reason that the non-breaking space would quit working.

Thanks for any help!