ID: 15091
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Sockets related
Operating System: windows 2000
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

correction that was a typo on my part. I did use fsockopen.
The program is working fine as long as there is data coming from the
other side. But if there is no data the fgets call waits indefinitely
without timing out. That is the reason I tried to use
socket_set_timeout. Unfortunately i get the message that
socket_set_timeout is not part of windows build.

Why are you using $fsockopen and not fsockopen? That might be the cause
of this bug.

Correction to my earlier report. When using socket_set_blocking($fp,
false) I am "not" getting data every one second

I am using windows binaries.

$fp = $fsockopen(($ip_addr, $port_no, $errno, $errstr, 30);
do {
   if (!feof($fp)) {
            $livedata = trim(fgets($fp,128));
             echo $livedata."\n";
    }
    else {
        break;
    }
} while(true);

when there is no data being sent by the server my script waits
indefinitely at fgets. I tried using socket_set_blocking($fp, false)
but that does get me data every one second. I tried to use
socket_set_timeout that is when I found out it is not supported in
windows binaries. Is there any other way to solve this problem in
windows.