Updated by: kalowsky
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Analyzed
Bug Type: ODBC related
Operating System: Linux
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
New Comment:

This should be fixed in CVS now.

This sounds like a problem with the PHP cursor implementation, not
OpenLink.

Stephan Schadt and I have been working on a solution for this, and
should hopefully have one ready in the near future.  I'd like to say
4.0.7, but I'm not entirely sure.

After some debugging of the ODBC module of php we have
discoverd that the SQLExtendedFetch function of the
OpenLink-progress driver is buggy.

an query like:
select * from table where field='text'

will give us a valid result set, but an query like:

select * from table where field='12345'

will give us garbage: The driver does not set the
'result->values' arrays (but it returns SUCCESS and sets
the correct number of collumns etc.) this results in
variables which
are pointing to some non-set, non-terminating strings ...

The reason why python and the example programm work is
that they don't use the SQLExtendedFetch function but
SQLFetch.

The fix for this problem is to undefine the
HAVE_SQL_EXTENDED_FETCH definition in php_odbc.h
at the iODBC definitions (if you use iODBC with openlink)
or else at the OpenLink definitions.

Maybe the php folks can give an extra option for
openlink-progress ? so this can be solved more accurate?

Thanks.

best way to debug is to build as a CGI and set a break in the function
you think might be causing it.  then run and step through the code.

Version 4.0.5 has exactly the same problem. Could this be a problem
with type conversion? How should I debug?

you can look in the ext/odbc/php_odbc.c file for what might
be causing this.  the ext/odbc/php_odbc.h may also be of
some help.

also you might wish to try the 4.0.5 release of PHP, or
possibly the 4.0.6RCs (4.0.5 was in RC for a LONG time).

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=10181

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=10181&edit=1