After spending yesterday looking at the pcntl library, I did at one
point attempt to get create_thread going, It didnt get very far, (it
segfaulted on emalloc - perhaps because thread_init had not been called)
but I did start wondering about the feasibilty..

Has anybody ever attempted it?

The basic task of creating a set of php functions which wrapped the
thread library - based perhaps on some of the code in python's thread
library didnt seem particulary complex, however can anyone think of any
issues that would occur?

Would it only work as a built in module rather than a loadable module?

anyway, I couldnt find any threads 'on threads:)' on php-dev discussing
it - has anybody got any comments?

regards
alan