ID: 15154
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Scripting Engine problem
Operating System: PLD Linux 2.4.16
PHP Version: 4.0CVS-2002-01-21
New Comment:

If the first one is not an parse error, why do I see "Parse error:
parse error in ... on line ..." when I run the code without calling
set_error_handler()? Are there any parse errors that are caught by an
error handler?

The first one is a runtime warning (Use of undefined constant ...) and
not an parser error.

Some parse errors are caught by assigned error handler, and some are
not.

I use:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
set_error_handler('my_error_handler');

For example:

<?php
i_am_some_parse_error
?>

is caught by error handler, and:

<?php
i_am_some_parse_error = 1;
?>

is not caught and displays: "Parse error: parse error in ... on line
...".