Derick Rethans wrote:
>>Are we going to depreciate long track vars?
>>Does anyone mind if I add ini option "long_track_vars" to turn on and
>>off long track vars?
>>

> Why do we need it?

Since I use Japanese for my web sites. I usually convert all user
inputs to different format. For example, multi-byte(full width)
number to single-byte(half width) number.

If there are $HTTP_*_VARS, I could end up with having 2 different
values even if I don't need old values.
If $HTTP_*_VARS does not exist, I can save memory & CPU time a bit.
(sometimes a lot)

However, I also think it may *not* be a good idea. If there is a
ini option for disabling long track vars, PHP application developers
may have headache with this... It may be ok for PHP5, though.

Anyway, I'll wait for a while. We need to fix
"variables_order" and "register_globals" issue first.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki