Updated by: sander
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: *Configuration Issues
Operating System: Windows NT 5.1 (XP)
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

Do you mean the PHP installer?
Anyway, Christoph is right, it doesn't look at the version string but
it just tries your Windows-directory.
phpinfo() reports where it has found php.ini. Look at that path. It
should really work if you place it in c:\windows.

This has never happened to me. My php.ini gets parsed whether it
resides in windows directory (for sapi-version) or in php-directory for
cgi. I'm using XP Pro, but it also works with NT 4 and non-standard
windir-name (winntw).

Christoph

If you install the Windows binaries on Systems running Windows XP, PHP
assumes that there is a system directory 'C:\winnt\' because of the
version string reported by Windows (Windows NT 5.x). As there is no
such Dir (under Win XP the System Dir is named 'C:\Windows\' by
default), php.ini is not found. I couldn't find help in creating this
dir and put the .ini file in. Also the 'php.ini' is not found if simply
put in the path.