ID: 10058
Updated by: sander
Old Summary: Gettext doesn't react when I change the language
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Gettext related
Operating System: Windows 2000
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
New Comment:

No feedback.

Are you sure this is nothing but a pagecache problem?

Nope.
If I use only setlocale("LC_ALL","ro") - I tried other thing too like
"LC_MESSAGES" or "ro_RO", changed the names of diretories - it doesn't
work anymore, and if I use it together with putenv I go back to the old
problem.

I set the language with this:

putenv ("LC_ALL=ro");

and the translation is ok.
if I change it to:

putenv ("LC_ALL=de");

and reload the page nothing happens.
But if I restart the Apache, and reload again the page evething is ok.
Oh, and is not a cache problem, because I'm sending expiry, and no
cache headers.

with putenv ("LANG=ro"); I get the same result.

I set the language with this:

putenv ("LC_ALL=ro");

and the translation is ok.
if I change it to:

putenv ("LC_ALL=de");

and reload the page nothing happens.
But if I restart the Apache, and reload again the page evething is ok.
Oh, and is not a cache problem, because I'm sending expiry, and no
chache headers.

with putenv ("LANG=ro"); I get the same result.