ID: 15292
Updated by: swm
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Open
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: RedHat 7.1
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

Correct me I am wrong, but you seem to be saying that your
script includes a file via HTTP which is either itself or
another file which includes itself or the original (I cannot
tell from your description). But yes, if a script needs to
include itself than that will create an infinite loop.
There is no way that the scripting engine could preemptively
terminate this loop when HTTP based includes are being used.

Reopen if I have mis-understood.

<?
$loca="http://www.bloodheart.com/php";;
switch ($id)
{
    //test1
    case blank1:
        $file="$loca/blank1";
    break;

    //test2
    case blank2:
        $file="$loca/blank2";
    break;
//test (This is where the bug starts.)
//    Note if you copy this file to another file and set the default as
thatfilename (with .php ext)
//       Then spawns maxclients for apache, and stays that way forever,
a very nasy loop. or until you restart apache
//        *Example*
//    default:
//        $file="$loca/bug2.php";

    default:
        $file="$loca/blank3";
    break;
}
?>
--CONFIGLINE
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
--enable-track-vars \
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 \
--with-mm=../mm-1.1.3 \
--with-openssl=../openssl-0.9.6c \
--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/lib/php

I don't recall this happening with an earlier version of php.

This just started with 4.1.1

If you need anymore information please let me know