ID: 15288
User updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Summary: Image*-functions being avail even if they're not
implemented by gd
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Status: Feedback
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
Operating System: All
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

I've made a small patch based on the CVS-version that remove functions
that are not available. I'm not sure if i caught them all, but i made a
try :-) I've not removed the original error-messages ("gd was compiled
without support.."), so they're still in there (maybe a define or
./configure-option to select what way error-reporting should be done).

the diff:
http://software.e-mats.org/patches/gd.c-diff-2002-01-30

the source:
http://software.e-mats.org/patches/gd.c-cvs-2002-01-30

I'm +1 on your patch as well, can you make it against the latest CVS
version?

I'll make sure it gets committed then.

regards,
Derick

This is excactly the point i'm trying to make. To me it seems like the
most logical thing would be to not implement the function at all, since
this would make function_exists() work as expected. Implementing the
function (to give an error message) - even though its not available
seems kinda useless, since this also makes it harder to make a general
solution.

This one seems really a mess to me (declaring function which output
"not implemented") when we have 'function_exists()'.

Reopening for discussion.

.. this does however not cover the TTF*-functions.

There is already a clean way to check which image formats are
supported:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagetypes.php

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=15288

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=15288&edit=1