ID: 15318
Comment by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Apache related
Operating System: Linux 2.4.4
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

OK, now it seems that (I don't know what fixed/caused this development)
the main page (http://ged.dynodns.net/band/index.phps) is working fine
in normal mode, but when GET variables are in the URL, it doesn't show
anything.

But also, http://ged.dynodns.net/band/events.phps doesn't work at all,
and I cannot pinpoint what is causing them to not run during conditions
like that.

(I have disabled the aforementioned code in the header.php file, since
the main page doesn't need it anymore - I don't understand why, though)

I've added a cheap workaround for PHP scripts.  I appended this code to
the header.php file:

<?php
        if (ereg("\.php[3-4]?$", $FILE))
                require($FILE);
?>

So, the problem still exists, this is just a way to get around it for
the time being.

It appears as if PHP generates no output when called as an apache
subprocess (It may not be apache specific).  But I'm running Apache
1.3.23 with mod_layout 3.0.4, and here is the problem I'm having:

Load http://ged.dynodns.net/band/index.php, and you will notice that
both the header and footer are generated fine (both PHP files).  But
the main file, index.php, generates no output, yet PHP returns a status
of 0 (success, I believe).
I can show that it is most likely not a mod_layout problem, as it
generates output just fine for regular HTML files (check
http://ged.dynodns.net/band/test.html as a test case).  So I am
inclined to believe that PHP is having a problem with being a
subrequest in this particular instance.

I've looked at the source for mod_layout and tried to find a possible
problem, but all the code has been abstracted such that it should
handle any specified mime type (application/x-httpd-php is accepted by
default, so that shouldn't be the problem either).

If needed, I can provide the code that calls the main page (index.php,
in our example), if need be (its open-source).

Configure line:
./configure
  --with-apxs
  --disable-short-tags