From:             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Operating system: Windows 2000 Pro
PHP version:      4.1.1
PHP Bug Type:     IIS related
Bug description:  strndup access violation

I am getting an access violation in php4ts!zend_strndup + 0x2B +
0xA05CB1AD.

It is reproducable after about 20 or 30 requests, but it isn't a certain
page that causes it.  A page refresh may or may not display the page
without error.  Eventually the server will no longer serve pages at all
and only a reboot will bring the web server back.  Stopping IIS just sits
there attempting to stop the service.

Details:
Windows 2000 Pro with service pack 2 and all critical and security updates
from windowsupdate.microsoft.com
K6-2 500MHz with 192Meg RAM

I have the exact setup on my machine using an Athlon 1.2GHz with 512Meg
RAM without any problem.  However on two machines with an AMD K6-2
(configured identically) the web server will stop responding to requests
consistently.  I have also tested this on my Dell laptop with an Intel
PIII/700MHz 256 Meg RAM with same Windows 2000 pro w/sp2 and all updates
without any problem.

When the server does stop serving pages the DLLHOST.EXE process virtual
memory size goes to the max for the machine.

I have installed php as an ISAPI module.  I have also tried installing PHP
as a CGI and have the same problem.

I have tested this with php 4.0.6, 4.1.0, and 4.1.1 and have the same
problem in zend_strndup with all three.  I am using the windows zip file
from the php.net download page.  Also I am using the Interbase extension.
No other extensions are being used.

I hope I included enough info here.

Thanks.
--