ID: 8744
Updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: IIS related
Operating System: Windows 2000
PHP Version: 4.0.4pl1
New Comment:

No feedback was provided for this bug, so it is being suspended.
If you are able to provide the information that was requested,
please do so and change the status of the bug back to "Open".

How does this work on 4.1.1?

i have the same problem here. when i turn on the log startup errors
flag in the php.ini i get the following output :
______________

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete
set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

FATAL:  erealloc():  Unable to allocate 1043162510 bytes

______________

i guess there's something wrong within the parser or compiler, because
nothing of the code is executed.

unfortunatelly i don't have 1GB RAM so i would be happy if there is any
solution to this.

harald.

In case you missed my second message:

Here are two typical lines from the IIS error log: the first is a
successful page load (code 200) and the second is the CGI error after
the redirect (502) Note that in the IIS log format it is normal for a
space to separate the URL
and the Querystring. The last column in the log is the referrer URL.

2001-01-16 17:20:30 192.168.1.29 - GET /success/ProbRev.php3
EmpID=5&New=Y
200 0 378 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+5.5;+Windows+98;+Win+9x+4.90)
http://192.168.1.30/success/InterimRevSelect.php3?EmpID=5

2001-01-16 17:20:30 192.168.1.29 - GET /success/ProbRev.php3
EmpID=5&ProbRevID=12 502 0 374
Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+5.5;+Windows+98;+Win+9x+4.90)
http://192.168.1.30/success/InterimRevSelect.php3?EmpID=5

A few more things: the problem is not easily reproducible. Also, if I
change all of the database calls to go to mySQL (which I have installed
on Windows 2000) instead of SQL Server 2000 (which is the database
system I was using, also installed on the same machine), I do NOT get
the CGI errors. However, in both instances, the databases do get
updated or otherwise manipulated successfully; it's just the redirect
that fails when using SQL Server. Hope this helps.

Can you tell us what is in the logs of IIS?

    http://bugs.php.net/?id=8744

Edit this bug report at http://bugs.php.net/?id=8744&edit=1