ID: 15343
Updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Old Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Feature/Change Request
PHP Version: 4.1.1
New Comment:

Can't we just drop the $ and have variables without a prefix character?

Because it was meant to be a joke :)

by the way, pressing the $ key is much easyier as to press the euro €
key. so why do that changing?

efton
http://www.efton.net

:)

But your eurosign came out as ^A here

Derick

Until now PHP has used the $ prefix for variables what is clearly
influenced by script languages such as Perl which have their roots in
the USA.

As PHP's core components, such as ZEND, are developed in Europe and
many opinion leaders are from here I'd suggest to replace $ by the Euro
sign € as of PHP5.

Yes, this will break some of the existing scripts, but we might provide
a tool which replaces all occurencies of $ by €.

--
  Daniel Lorch
  http://daniel.lorch.cc/