Updated by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reported By: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bug Type: Session related
Operating System: any
PHP Version: 4.2.0-dev
New Comment:

This bug has been fixed in CVS.

Thank you for responding, Markus.
I asked this user to submit bug report in Japanese PHP mail list.

I think I know what's wrong, but I don't have enough time create and
test patch...

In mod_files.c it tests session id file chars are [0-9a-zA-Z], if not
it returns 0. It seems returning false is causing this. In mod_user.c
and session_pgsql.c, there is very simlar problem. Returning false for
read causes segfault.

The reason for these segfaults are the same, I guess.
(i.e. session.c has problem when read returns false)

Does this also happen with 4.1.1 and if, please provide a backtrace
under unix (provided that you compiled both php and apache with debug
symbols).

Apache child segfault when the string which contains '_' in session
name is specified.
Although tried on Red Hat7.2 and Windows2000, the apache child
segfault.

php.ini
session.save_handler=files

<?php