[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Removing backward compatibility for aesthetic reasons is bogus. To be
> perfectly honest, I think the whole PHP extension API is truly ugly. The
> removal of a few #ifdefs will not a Mona Lisa make.

to me "readability" is a maintainance issue, not an aestheic one ...

if you don't care about others to understand your code, or even don't
want anyone to touch it anyway (as you already have made clear), then
you really should move the extension. either from php4/ext to pear/PCL,
where cross-version compatibility is sort of a point, or even to a
repository of its own

--
Hartmut Holzgraefe  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.six.de  +49-711-99091-77

Wir stellen für Sie aus auf der CeBIT 2002 und freuen uns
in Halle 6 auf Ihren Besuch am Stand H 18