Wez Furlong wrote:
> Well, if the general opinion is that there *should* be such a
> function included in PHP, around a week or so ago I implemented
> a version that uses the multiple charset aware tables that are
> already in html.c.
>
> But the voting was -0 (Derick) and +1 (Yasuo).
> Personally, I'm +0 since I have written the code but never ever
> needed to un-htmlentity a string in the last 2-3 years.
>
> --Wez.

Personally, I don't need the function since I can write
it as script quickly. Since 2 person wrote similar function,
it may be useful for others :)

This is my opinion, but many developers are following I suppose.
  - Computer language/lib should be consistent.
    Therefore, there should be reverse order calc/operation
    should be able to do that whenever it is possible.

It's easier to learn if it is consistent.
Similar reason why I proposed <?php= ?> syntax.

Just my .02.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki