Use import_request_variables('g') instead of parse_str($QUERY_STRING) for
now. It does the same thing in your case in a more efficient manner. I
think the session code is holding a reference to the original data and
php_treat_data() is not doing the right thing when overwriting existing
vars. Or something funky like that. It is too late at night to figure this
particular code out.

-Rasmus