On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 11:14, Markus Fischer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:48:57AM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote :
> >  ID:               15841
> >  Updated by:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >  Reported By:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >  Bug Type:         *Mail Related
> >  Operating System: Linux
> >  PHP Version:      4.1.2
> >  New Comment:
> >
> > ok
> >
> > 1) blame qmail, it should know better ...
> > 2) lets have SMTP as a default implementation
> >    for Unix mail(), too, instead of relying
> >    on external programs
>
>     Taking off the bug report ..
>
>     I'm just soo curious, I've been using qmail in the past with
>     PHP and _never_ had any line ending problems.

This is problem known to me :)

Problem is that qmail expects CRLF in message data, and you will get
this error if you only provide LF.

I ran into it when using qmail smtp, don't know if qmails sendmail clone
behaves the same

--
Robin Ericsson <lobbin at localhost dot nu>

"The secret of flying is to throw yourself at the ground, and miss."
        -- Douglas Adams