It seems to work quite nicely for most.  Having the mailing list software
remove a user's ability to control where replies go is even nastier.  Add
to that thet danger of mail loops from badly configured servers.  We have
gone over this a bunch of times.  Yes, it makes users perhaps think just a
fraction of a second more if they don't know their mail client software
very well, or if their mail client software sucks, but that's fine with
me.

If ezmlm had a way for users to individually set this for themselves, I
wouldn't have a problem with it, but forcing this on everyone after years
of being used to private replies unless specifically made public is going
to cause countless messages that were not meant to go to the thousands of
subscribers.  At best this would increase the amount of junk on the list,
and at worst this would cause a lot of embarassment for users.

-Rasmus