On 2002-03-18 23:23:00, Wez Furlong wrote:
> Does anyone know what purpose FG(fgetss_state) serves?

As I remember it holds the internal state of php_strip_tags.

> It doesn't appear to do anything other than hold the value
> 0 for php_strip_tags.
> Is this an oversight or a leftover of some old code?

I doesn't look like the code has changed, the state ist always
initialized to 0, but it's used in php_strip_tags to maintain the
state between invocations from calls of {f,gz}getss().

  Stefan

--
Stefan Röhrich               [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                 http://www.roehri.ch/~sr/