Current mail() implementation already has fifth optional
    argument which does exactly what you want.

    And, for the 'file', it's as easy as writing:

        mail('To', 'Subject', join('',file('filename')), ...

    not that hard ...

    I don't think another mail*() function whith no significat
    enhancements is a good idea.

    - Markus

GnuPG Key: http://guru.josefine.at/~mfischer/C2272BD0.asc