> I'd kind of agree with this. I use both the apache SAPI module and the CLI
> side by side in a single system (the web server does it's thing, and the
> CLI powers the search engine, which the web server can use on a
per-request
> basis and ties the two together with XML/XSLT). One of the problems I had
> when playing around with PHP-4.2.0dev (I believe, it might have been
> 4.3dev) was that the CLI was built by default, yet I use very different
set
> ups for the apache module and the CLI module. There are a lot of
extensions
> that aren't shared between the two, and it basically meant compiling the
> CLI twice -- once when I built the apache module and again to get the CLI
> executable I needed.
>
> I'd also like to see that automatic "-q" header hiding and, as has been
> discussed before, a separation of the web server's php.ini file and the
> CLI's, as I always have trouble with the two. (For instance, in the apache
> module, I always have output buffering set to something liek 4K, but on
the
> CLI, I don't want output buffering at all. Little things like that.)

Are you sure you were testing it with CLI? Header hiding (-q) has been in
there since the first check-in back in Jan 6.

If you have sufficiently different setups, there is no way but to configure
and compile PHP twice. Building of CLI creates no big overhead (just two c
files and one extra link step).

Yes, there was a discussion about separating php.ini file for cli
(php-cli.ini). At the end most people said that their configurations were
sufficiently similar and that the content of those two files would be mostly
the same. Derick promised to implement some sort of <IfModule ...>
mechanism, but I guess he was busy with other things.

Edin