Title: RE: [PHP-DEV] Re: Re: Session patch

Stefan Esser writes:
> Hi,
>
> I have not followed the discussion, but its nonsense to force
> people to use
> PHP generated session IDs. Its an argument against using PHP.

I don't think so.

> There are several situations where it is not possible to let
> PHP generate
> the session ids. Especially if you use stuff like the
> Sevenval FIT or HIT
> technology which makes use of hostnames to contain the session ids.
> Stuff like this is needed to track f.e. shockwave or flash content.

There are millions of reasons why we _would_ want php to use its own
IDs and let others implement solutions in user space. Each one sits
a keyboard and has WTF as their middle initials.

Mike Robinson
IT/Developer - Torstar Media Group Television
Phone: 416.945.8786     Fax: 416.869.4566
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To find out more about what we can do for you, please visit us at:
http://www.tmgtv.ca/ and http://www.thestar.com/