AG>> As in the Engine 2 overloaded classes don't necessarily have a class entry
AG>> we have to check out what needs to be done here.

Well, I think classes _do_ have class entry - at least, those we might
want to use. _Objects_ not necessary have class entry, but classes should
have one, at least we might reasonably require that classes used as
protocol handlers would have one in class table. That won't prevent them
from using overloaded object mechanism - you still can override
create_object and put any handler table you want in the object. So I think
that code is completely OK.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115