Hi,

I need to be able to specify the compression level in
zlib.output_handler.  I was planning to implement it like this:

* add php_deflate_string2 (or php_deflate_string_ex) that lets you
specify compression level, move the code from php_deflate_string into
php_deflate_string2 and make php_deflate_string a wrapper.

* add an output_compression_level module global and
zlib.output_compression_level ini entry, defaulting to
Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION

* use php_deflate_string2 in php_gzip_output_handler

* set zlib module version to "1.1"

Comment/object now, or forever hold your piece, uhm, peace.

 - Stig