--- "Stig S. Bakken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 02:50, brad lafountain wrote:
> >
> > --- "Stig S. Bakken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > What you're describing here is object aggregation.
> >
> > What do you mean... Im saying that the SQL implementation is a member or
> the
> > connection class.. Nothing to do with aggergation. aggergation would mean
> the
> > methods of the sql imp would be apart of the connection class not a member.
> >
> > Im still not convinced that aggergation is usefull.
>
> Object aggregation in general is a technique where you have some
> functionality in objects you forward calls to, a pretty common
> technique.  You can of course do that in PHP today, but it's slow (lots
> of userland method calls) and high on maintenance (if an aggregated
> class gets a new method, you must make a new wrapper in the forwarding
> class, etc).  In my opinion, providing "native" support for this in an
> efficient way makes a lot of sense for PHP.

 Ok, Im still not convinced that I personally will ever use aggregation but im
sure someone out there somewhere would want to use it. But my consern is that
people will start using aggregation instead of normal MI. Aggregation should
only be used at certin times not just for MI.

(as i said in another post)

 Basically I don't want aggergation to be the only way that a user can have MI
just because MI isn't implemented. I can see users doing this.

class A;
class B;
class C;

$c = new C;
aggergate($c, "A");
aggergate($c, "B");

Just because they "can". Not be cause it makes sence or its readable. I guess
it would aleviate my conserns if MI was included as well as aggergation.

(as i said in another post)

- Brad