> stick with the domxml extension, which basically
> wraps the libxml2 and libxslt libraries and right now offers you DOM,
> XPath, XPointer and XSLT. SAX and DTD validation are available in the
> wrapped libraries but currently are not exposed to PHP.

I have no complaints with the work of Daniel Veillard, and I didn't say that MSXML was
better. I said there is "power and
"flexibility" in the fact that MSXML libs interoperate (you explained it better than I
;).

My point is this: if there were a unified interface for accessing libxml & libxslt,
and it was compiled by default, i think that it
would attract developers and stregthen PHP's image as a viable alternative to other
web development platforms. And I love developing
with PHP and XML, so I would be quite happy :)

I didn't know that compiling with just domxml gave xslt as well. are you sure of this?

> You obviously cannot make the language responsible for the decisions of
> hosting provider system administrators.

Obviously not, and I wouldn't try. It's just not a viable solution to say "look at all
the extensions we have", when they may as
well not even exist to many PHP users.

dietrich