Daniel Beulshausen wrote:

>>> this isn't going to be a big task, i'll put it onto my todo.
>>

>> It's already done, been there for a long time.  php.ini values are
>> configurable via registry, and can be done on a per-domain basis.  It
>> is kind of a pain to deal with configuration that way though.
>

> i'm not talking about the per directory stuff, these are mostly non
> php.ini settings.
> things like PEAR_INSTALLDIR, PHP_BINDIR etc should be stored in the
> registry IMO.
>
> daniel

Well, the specific example I saw was the extension dir, which is an ini
setting.  I would argue that pear_installdir could also be an ini
setting.  bindir does need some solution outside the ini file, maybe,
but I think there could be some way to work around that.  The reason I
am *kind of* arguing against using the registry for these is due to
having multiple installations of PHP.  I currently have 6, 5 installs
and my compiled version, so that I can test things.  Dealing with
php.ini in that situation is bad enough, adding registry configuration
on top of that will make it even a bigger pain.
Shane