Hi,

I've volunteered to RM (release master, not /bin/rm) PHP 4.3.  This
release will be synchronized with the public release of the PEAR
(including PECL) infrastructure.

This time I'd like to try partitioning the work a bit by identifying the
major changes and have one person sign up as responsible for each.

I will do the overall coordination and handle stuff that don't belong to
these major changes.

Here's the list of major changes, and the person I would like to invite
as responsible for that part of 4.3:

1. New build system (Sascha)

2. PHP Streams (Wez)

3. Command-line SAPI installed by default (Edin)

4. PEAR integration including PECL builder (Stig)

5. MySQL changes (Zak)

6. PostgreSQL changes (Yasuo)

7. DOMXML changes? (Christian)

I'm not sure how significant the changes to mysql/pgsql/domxml are this
time, this list was based on an overview of the NEWS file.

When someone has signed up for each major change, I want to get a
feeling for how much work remains and make a rough internal release
schedule.  The PHP_4_3_0 branch will be created when everyone says their
stuff is ready for full testing.

Does this organization of the 4.3 release sound reasonable?

 - Stig