At 09:52 25/05/2002 -0700, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>This stuff is in the works.  The current pear tool only works with
>php-based pear packages, but it will soon get a wrapper that will phpize
>and build extensions for you with proper dependency checking.

Great, but I'd still like to have a KISS mechanism for C extensions like I
mentioned which would work without phpize but copy to ext/ and then do a
buildconf. I see this as the mechanism which would allow us to move certain
extensions out of ext/.
I've mentioned this to Stig in the past so he might have it on his TODO.

Andi