Michael Dransfield wrote:

> 1: I assume that for the ext's that are dropped from core and added to
> PECL, the extension line will be dropped from the ini file and users
> will need to use some kind of 'use EXT::Extension' command.  Will there
> be a way to override which extensions will need to use this command?

No, nothing will change from a configuration point, at least not in the
near future.  You will simply have to do an additional step when
installing PHP to install extensions that are not part of the primary
distribution.  It would be something along the line of 'pear install
extension_name'.

> 2: Will the ini configuration setting disable_functions still apply to
> PECL (and maybe PEAR, since there a lot of NET functions there) functions?

Yes.  'Where' the extension is distributed from makes no difference in
how it works.

> I have noticed the SOAP development discussions and see that they are
> looking to co-develop the PEAR and C extensions.  They are relying on
> including a code snippet at the top of every page using soap functions.

Nothings being relied on right now, just idea's are being floated.

Shane