On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 12:25:17AM +0300, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> Why not have a  --bare (or equivalent) switch of that kind, to disable
> literally EVERYTHING that's not mandatory?  I believe the issue is that for

instead of modifying ./configure to allow grouping a set of --with{out}
--{en|dis}able into one option (--basic, --bare, ...) i propose setting
up brothers of ./config.nice like

./config.bare
./config.basic
./config.standard
./config.everything

it'd be obvious _what_ these scripts enable, and you could easily use
them as a template to modify these things to get "everything minus odbc"
or "bare + pdf".

-lukas