Actually, I did not understand your original email, I guess. Sorry.

If you check a word with a ' character in it, php will pass it unchanged
to the pspell library. No backslashes inserted. If you are getting a
backslash inserted there, please check your code and see what you are
passing to pspell. You might be adding slashes somewhere before you call
the function. I can not reproduce your problem.

No, it wouldn't be good to 'trick' php by stripping slashes off the
argument, as you suggest.

Vlad

Magnus M@gnus wrote:

>Ok.. But can't this be overruled somehow in the extension
>to trick pspell to think it's just I've instead of I\'ve?
>

>On Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:24:16 -0700
>Vlad Krupin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>I believe you would have to complain to Kevin Atkinson about that
>>(author of pspell), but I think he has a good reason for doing it the
>>way he did, so chances are it won't change.
>>
>>Anyway, not a PHP problem, AFAICS.
>>
>>Vlad
>>
>>Magnus M@ wrote:
>>
>>>Hi!
>>>
>>>I wrote a function that will spellcheck $var.
>>>My problem is that if $var contain ' it will
>>>report that it's wronly spelled like this:
>>>
>>>Possible spelling for I\'ve : I've Ive...
>>>

>>>Regards
>>>Magnus Määttä
>>>

>>--
>>
>>--