Ok I know this email has been posted again and again. But lets look at this
objectivly.

PHP was designed for the web. It's "perfect" in alot of ways for that market.
Maybe we can shift the focus of php from the web to application development.
Again i know this has been discussed and been shot down for different reasons.
But how about this. "PHP For Applications".. pretty much use the same code
base. But we introduce stuff like typed variables, Case Sensivive, Greater OO
support private methods, interfaces, operator overloading. I know changing
these things for what php is aim'd for now doesn't make much sence but
obviously people like php alot and want to see it be used for far greater
things than just web development.

Introducing a new "distrubiton" wont have any BC issues cause it's "new".

Introducing a new "distrubiton" will be confusing for some people.

Please don't reply to this email saying Use Java... Because php is different
than java and always will be even with these new features.

PHP can be a soulition for serious application developers with some changes.
The code base for it is already there.

 - Brad