It's a tough one :)
Well, being able to build like on unix shouldn't be too hard to do, just
have to call nmake on the dsp, but that wont work for the vast majority
of users.  Someone needs to provide  prebuilt extensions that can be
downloaded via pear, and unfortunately, I don't see any way other than
having a build per version of PHP.  So the built extensions would have
to have a filename like: extname-phpversion-extversion.zip.  Another
idea would be to have the extensions built for windows on the server
side, and cached if one was already built.

Shane