On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

>It is actually my code and the uncommenting had to do with a bug in
>Apache.  The deep meaning being that leaving this code in there will make
>all authentication break for some versions of Apache.

    Ah..nice to get that information now. Why didn't you reply to
    my question about this when I asked it on this list?

    And I really didn't commit it without testing, it works fine
    with Apache 1.3.24, so what might that apache version be with
    which it breaks? Does anyone who cares about security even
    use those anymore?

    --Jani