ok this may be a bit offtopic, but here goes

i am searching for a PHP code profiler, something to measure key components of the PHP
scripts, tracking how many function calls are preformed in the code, the cost of each
of the functions in terms of cpu cycles and memory usage, minimal, maximum, and
average, etc, basically to help me optimise my code and maybe make some nice
statistics along with that..

as far my search has been unsucessfull, i did come to find an old message from
[php-dev] list, from a "Brian Moore" and i tried to contact him with no luck, and not
beeing able to chase up anything on the subject..

http://www.zend.com/lists/php-dev/200108/msg01181.html

and i did find some old (read 3.0.16 version php) profilers on sourceforge/freshmeat

are there any plans to have that in latest versions of php in a module or similar?
something run-time would be also great, so i can get the profile with php, after the
code finished executing..

this was posted on php-dev since it should involve somekind of more lowlevel php
coding, so i guess this is a feature request... and it probablly gets the same
audience as bugs.php.net

so, any info where i can start if i want to profile my php code? (or how i can start
developing and extension, if php lets you go that deep into the scripting engine with
its extensions)

regards,
black